Monday, September 5, 2011

Smoked Sausage Wraps

Pin It


Maybe you're a fan of hot dogs, maybe you aren't but it doesn't matter what you tell me they are made of and how bad they are for you, I'll love them because they taste good. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm very picky about my particular dog because I'm not a fan of the ones that have one taste and that's of pure fat... which is most hot dogs. Now give me a smoked sausage instead and I'm sold.

Sold is exactly what I am on smoked sausage wrapped in a tortilla. I'm not sure, how well known this idea is or not.. I know I'm not the only one that's thought of it. In the case that you don't know about this little trick for eating smoked sausage, I'm glad I'm here to steer you in the right direction.



Ingredients:
Hillshire Farm Beef Smoked Sausage
Corn tortillas
Cheddar Cheese

These taste good and you don't have to do any slicing and peeling so yes they are very hot dog like but so much better



These are very simple to make but I'll give you a few tips anyway. All you need to do is warm a corn tortilla in the microwave for about 30 seconds so they wrap easily without breaking. After you do that, slice a couple of pieces of cheddar cheese or any amount you desire and wrap them up with the sausage (above). Make sure the fold is face down on the plate after you wrap them together so they don't come unwrapped and microwave for just 1 minute.


I hope you'll enjoy these as much as I have over the years. It makes a quick, cheap, and painless lunch and gives you a break from eating sandwiches or fast food. Try them wrapped in flour tortillas and eat with Kettle chips because that's a real treat as well.


Verdict: If you make this once, you'll be making it again guaranteed and even planning out the next time you make it. Highly recommended! 

No comments:

Post a Comment